The recently introduced Load 4K option for the iPhone on Twitter is a blessing for photographers. This function allows you to view and save photos in 4K resolution on the iPhone. This allows Shutterbugs and artists to present their work on social media in the best possible quality.
The only obstacle is that you can’t upload 4K photos from your iPhone, iPad or Android phone to Twitter. You prefer to download high resolution photos from Twitter for the web via your computer to enable the 4K option. If you try to upload a 4K image via the Twitter application, Twitter will limit the maximum resolution to 2048 x 2048 pixels.
It’s a stupid limitation, especially if you can take great photos and edit RAW photos with your smartphone. Also exporting photos to your desktop or laptop to share them in 4K on Twitter is certainly cumbersome.
Don’t worry about it. I’ve found a simple solution to share high resolution or 4K photos directly from your mobile device. This allows you to upload high quality photos to Twitter while maintaining the original quality.
NOTE: Twitter limits the maximum resolution to 4096 x 4096 pixels for a square image. However, you can prevent the image from being compressed on Twitter by placing photos in full size.
Let’s see how it goes.
To upload 4K photos from your smartphone to Twitter
on iPhone and iPad
- Open Safari and visit twitter.com.
- Tap the AA symbol in the address bar to open the menu. Then press Request Desktop Website. .
- Now click on the Tweet button, then click on the photo icon and select Photo Library. View the reviews or a specific album. You can also tap the Browse button to select a media file on your iCloud drive or in the My iPhone application via Files.
- Select the photos you want to download. You can also select multiple photos at the same time.
- By default, the Actual size option is selected, which also displays the file size of the photo(s). Optionally, you can click Choose Image Size to resize the image tweet.
- Click Done in the upper right corner and tweet.
Here’s how. Your photos will be uploaded in the highest resolution. Touch and hold the photo and look for the Upload 4K option in the iOS Dashboard to confirm.
TIPS: Use the Metapho application to easily check the resolution of photos on your iPhone running iOS 13.
View photo resolution on iPhone
Using chrome for iOS
If you are using Chrome, go to twitter.com and tap the 3 horizontal dots in the lower right corner. Scroll down and select the Query Desktop Site option. Then just follow the steps above, starting with step 4.
ALWAYS READ: To download high-resolution images on Twitter
- Open Chrome and visit twitter.com.
- Click Compose Tweet and then click the Add Photo icon. Let Chrome access the memory of your device when prompted.
- Select Files and press the menu button in the upper left corner.
- Scroll down and select Gallery. Then select photos from the camera roll or from another photo album.
- Tweet like you always do.
TIPS: Add the Safari or Chrome Twitter web application to your home screen for faster access.
Also note that tweets created from a mobile phone via the Twitter desktop site will appear as downloaded from the Twitter Web App.
Unknown fact – Can you upload 4K photos to Twitter and Android? The only difference is that the Android application loads the original image by default. Twitter seems to use 4K as a marketing term to appeal to iPhone users.
why are my twitter pictures low quality,compress image for twitter,twitter web,imgur,load 4k twitter pc,twitter 4k video,4k resolution,avoid twitter compression 2020,twitter jpg compression,twitter compresses header,twitter uncompressed images,how to fix twitter video quality,twitter login,twitter video format,how to embed video on twitter android,failed to send tweet video,how to post a youtube video on twitter,twitter video viral,twitter media studio,how to load 4k images on twitter,how to load 4k images on twitter android,twitter 4k photo android,how to upload high quality pictures to twitter,twitter mobile app,twitter link,load 4k iphone