We are members of the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
And today’s mistake is: VCRUNTIME140.dll missing. That’s why you’re here, and we’ve been trying to solve this problem to help you. But read this first if you want to know more about what a DLL file is.
What is a DLL file?
DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library, these files contain useful instructions that other programs should consult regularly. Most programs you install and games you play on your Windows computer require DLLs. If they wanted to create a completely independent computer program or game that wouldn’t need the help of these Windows resources, each of them would double in size. That’s why every Microsoft Windows has a huge library of DLLs that support these third-party applications and games.
Now let’s talk about our problem!
We aim for one DLL file that sometimes causes panic, and that is VCRUNTIME140.dll. It is possible that your program does not work due to the absence of VCRUNTIME140.dll. This file disappears when the computer fails one of its : Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. But it doesn’t matter, we have many methods to help you restore this DLL file.
Note that during the correction process you should know whether you are using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10; we have a complete manual to help you get this information:
How do I know if I have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10?
Method 1: Scanning system files
As I always say in my guides, this is the first shelter against the rain. This incredible tool starts by scanning your system files and repairing everything that needs to be repaired. I really can’t tell you how many times it’s helped solve my problems, but believe me, it’s a lot. Here’s how:
- Type cmd in the Start menu, right-click on the command line, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes to give permission.
- Type the following command and press the Enter key :
- (make sure there is a space between sfc and /scannow)
- Wait for the scan and repair to complete, then restart the computer and see if the problem is resolved. Isn’t it? No problem, just try the following method.
Method 2: Restore Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
We start by solving Microsoft Visual C++ ourselves and see if that solves the problem. If not, we’ll reinstall it.
- Press the Windows Logo + R key to start the Run application, then type the Control Panel and press Enter or Do.
- Search for programs and click on Add or Remove Programs.
- You now need to click on each Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX distribution you have and then click the Edit button (I have several… 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015). You first need to start with the latest version (2015) of Windows (x86 for 32-bit or x64 for 64-bit) and see if it works.
- Now click on Restore.
- Click Yes to give permission.
- Wait until the repair is complete and then click Close.
- Now restart the computer and look for an error message.
Method 3: Microsoft Visual C++ Reinstallation of
If this last method fails, we just make a new start by reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. That’s how we do it:
- All previous versions must be uninstalled from the computer before they are reinstalled. You can do this by clicking on the Remove button on the Programs and Features page (to be done for all versions in different years).
- Now go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-eg/download/details.aspx?id=48145 where you have to select a language from the list and click on the download button.
- Select the file to download based on your version of Windows and then click Next (if you don’t know whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, refer to this manual):
- vc_redist.x64.exe for 64 bits.
- vc_redist.x86.exe for 32 bits.
- Now run the installation file after downloading it by double clicking on it.
- Check the I accept the license terms and click on Install.
- Click Yes to give permission and continue with the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer to make the changes take effect.
Method 4: Download the missing DLL file and place it yourself
I only recommend it as a definitive solution. Again: Don’t do this before the last three methods fail. Pay attention to the directory we are going to process, because it is the heart of your operating system and if you accidentally delete a file, it may destroy the software. Ready? Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!
- Go to https://www.dll-files.com/vcruntime140.dll.html, scroll down a bit and select the latest version of the DLL file that matches the version of Windows you have (remember the 32 and 64 bits stuff?)
- After downloading, open the archive file.
- Right click on the vcruntime140.dll file and select Copy.
- Now navigate to this folder, right click on an empty area and select Paste.
C : Windows32 system
Then restart the computer and try again. We hope that one of the above solutions will fix your VCRUNTIME140.dll error. Let us know how it went in the comments below. Cheers!
vcruntime140.dll windows 10,vcruntime140_1.dll not found,vcruntime140_1.dll not found valorant,msvcp140.dll was not found,vcruntime140.dll wamp,dllregisterserver was not found,vcruntime140_1.dll missing,dll-files.com client,msvcp140.dll not found,vcruntime140.dll not found origin,vcrunttime140 dll,vcruntime140_1.dll was not found,vcruntime140_1d.dll was not found,autodesk inventor vcruntime140 dll,blue iris vcruntime140_1 dll,microsoft visual c++ 2015 redistributable,vcruntime140_1.dll download,vcruntime140_app.dll download,vcryntime140 dll,vcruntime140.dll valorant,dolphin vcruntime140,creative cloud error vcruntime140 dll,vcruntime download,xenia vcruntime140_1.dll was not found,force uninstall visual c++ redistributable,igoproxy64.exe system error vcruntime140 dll,vc140 runtime,rpcs3 vcruntime140 dll,vcruntime140 dll wamp,microsoft visual studio (vc++) 2017,ms vc 14,visual c++ redistributable 12.0 3,vcruntime140.dll download,vcruntime140.dll download microsoft,vcruntime140.dll windows 7,vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll missing,vcruntime140.dll not found valorant